Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What is this Blog about?

Did you ever hear of the book by Michael Connelly called "The Lincoln Lawyer"? The protagonist of this book is a defense attorney who has dispensed with an office, and does all his work from the back seat of a Lincoln Town Car. This year, 2010-11, I am now covering 6 school campuses, and spend almost as much time in my car as I do teaching music. Today I pulled a stuck mouthpiece from a trumpet and put a new G string on a violin, made several phone calls and updated some paperwork from my 2010 metallic blue Toyota Matrix. The title "The Matrix Music Teacher" popped into my head, and here we are. I hope to connect with fellow music teachers from where ever you are, and also to reach out to kids and families who are concerned about musc and arts programs' survival in their schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment